the “you live with your parents” insult is really flaccid because a metric shitton of cultures don’t see “leave the house forever” as some grandiose moment of liberation that’s so important to the development of a person that it has to happen as fast as possible. until i came to the USA i didn’t know a single person who was pressured by their parents to leave the house because they’re “too old to stay there” or whatever. in puerto rico it is really common to stay with your parents until they and you are both stable enough that you can leave. whaddaya know, there are cultures that don’t place a stigma on being poor or wanting to care for your family or needing your family to care for you for some other reason.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Brown assaulted a fucking officer. He wasn’t just shot to death for no reason. The protests were NOT calm. There were fires, robberies and a LOT of vandalism you guys have no fuckin clue what you’re talking about.
shut the fuck up
this is astounding
*is in the manga section of the bookshop* *sees another person* HAHA! what a nerd
This is because Fahrenheit is based on a brine scale and the human body. The scale is basically how cold does it have to be to freeze saltwater (zero Fahrenheit) to what temperature is the human body (100-ish Fahrenheit, although now we know that’s not exactly accurate). Fahrenheit was designed around humans.
Celsius and Kelvin are designed around the natural world.
Celsius is a scale based on water. Zero is when water freezes, 100 is when water boils.
Kelvin uses the same scale as Celsius (one degree, as a unit, is the same between the two), but defines zero as absolute zero, which is basically the temperature at which atoms literally stop doing that spinning thing. Nothing can exist below zero Kelvin. It’s the bottom of the scale.
Fahrenheit: what temperatures affect humans
Celsius: what temperatures affect water
Kelvin: what temperatures affect atoms
Why didn’t my science teachers ever see fit to toss off this little fact?
theme #2 - "top of the world" - a redux edit by zwinglys
- 250/400/500px Posts
- 100% width top/header sidebar
- choice of full background or repeating background
- custom favicon
- header image
- pre-installed back-to-top
- add a left corner image, a right one, or both!!
- up to 8 custom links
- three navigation types: drop down navigation, clickable links, or hover drop down menu (can use 1, a combination of 2, or all three!); all customizable!
- show title or show custom title (or even both) and place them above header image or below header image
- custom scrollbar
- custom selection (text, background, or both)
- custom tooltip
- choose text size
- choose font
- change post spacing
- choose to show tags or not
- choose to show background of post/permalink or not
- choose to show post border or not
- choose to show post shadow or not
- choose to show captions or not
- choose to show jump pagination or not
- optional image fade
- customizable colors (links, backgrounds, borders, text, titles, etc.)
- you may edit the css/html as you wish
- do not use as base code
- do not claim code as your own
- and ESPECIALLY DO NOT remove credit!!!
please like/reblog if using/planning to use! please message me if there are any concerns or questions! thank you and have a great day! c:
IMPORTANT FERGUSON UPDATE - WATCH THIS VIDEO BEFORE YOUTUBE TAKES IT DOWN
CNN REPORTER Fredricka Whitfield interviews the Store Owner’s Lawyer (from the store that was “”“”“”“robbed”“”“”“”“”“”” by “”“”“”“”“”mike brown”“”“”“”“”“)
As the lawyer begins to explain what really happened, cnn “”“”“loses the feed”“”“”“
that fucking tape rewinding sound this shit is sooooooo staged
oh my god thats the worst fake signal interruption ive ever seen
LMAO!! how do u have a tape rewinding sound on a digital feed? bwahahahahahaa they think we that stupid lol there hasnt been a tape in cnn since 1996
That is so fake is so many ways. Let’s fucking deconstruct this:
1. CNN uses digital imaging, like all major news outlets, and as such there is nothing that could make that sound;
2. There is literally no possible way for those images to be inserted, especially not running backwards, into the feed. Crosstalk could do it forwards, but not backwards, and crosstalk issues in professional equipment is extremely rare.
Basically, CNN is lying to us. Fuck this.
How the Sun Sees You: People Discover What They Look like under Ultraviolet Light, and the Startling Power of Sunscreen
I’ve seen this done with still photography before, but never with video. Whaaaaaaa…
People of the paler persuasions, please watch and think about this before you decide to covet and idolize tan skin as the cornerstone of beauty. I shudder to think how many thymine dimers are lurking inside our invisible freckles like ticking neoplastic time bombs.
Also, how adorable is everyone in this video?
*clings violently to melanin*